Monday, October 27, 2008

Resolutions

I am done selling myself short
I am not your cohort
Your sellout
Your fake friend or copout
I am done being tried
I am done being defied
For standing up for you
For being there
For You
I am done crying
I am done lying
I am done trying
To be there for you
I am done frustrating
And cooperating
To be there for you
Where is my helping hand?
Can you take a stand?
For yourself?
I am done being abused
I am done being used
I am done being accused
Of understanding perfectly
Because I don't understand if you call when it's convenient
And I don't really get why you think I'm so lenient
Or why I'm so expedient
In my care for you
I need some care too
I need some support
I am done selling myself short
That is my new years resolution
To create an institution
That lets you stand on your two feet
I have been let down enough
Standing up for love
And unless you can be there for me
You can be the epitome
Of love
Of understanding
Of caring
Then leave me be
Because I can't be your hero all the time

No comments: